- Wear your aligners for a minimum of 2 weeks, before moving into the next aligner.
- Sharp or rough edges can be smoothed with an emery board.
- Change into your next aligner before going to bed so they settle in overnight.
- Keep your aligners in their case while eating to avoid losing them. Keep the out of reach of any household pets, especially dogs!
- If you need to, you can soak your Invisalign aligners in a mix of 50/50 white vinegar and cold water to brighten them.
- Wear your aligners for at least 20 hours a day.
- Always carry a toothbrush.
- Only drink water when you're wearing your aligners.
- Don't put your aligners in hot water.
- Don't use toothpaste to clean your aligners.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Invisalign straightens your teeth without wires and brackets, using a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners. It's virtually undetectable, which means hardly anyone will know that you're straightening your teeth. To ensure the best possible results we decided to compile a list of a few tips for our patients currently using Invisalign.
Friday, May 26, 2017
When it comes to Memorial weekend, we know many people take the time to gather with friends and family for a cookout. We've come to learn that people like SIMPLE, so we found a recipe that is just that...along with cute, easy, and fun to make!
- 1 watermelon
- 10 ounces fresh blueberries
- Wooden skewers
- Cut watermelon into 1 inch thick slices. Place a small star cookie cutter into the red flesh of the watermelon and lift the star fruit up. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Thread a few blueberries onto your wooden skewers--about 6-8 on each.
- Place the watermelon star on top and set on a serving tray.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
· Capture Your Best Angle. Instead of taking the picture head-on, turn your head a little to the right or left, or maybe hold your camera a little higher. Try different angles to show off your best features.
· Show Off Something New. If you decide to take a selfie to show off something new, like…oh we don’t know, maybe your braces, make sure that you frame the photo in a way that highlights the new accessory that has you so excited.
· Have Expression. You can never go wrong with smiling! Play around with different smiles and expressions and have fun! No matter what, a smile is the best expression you can wear.
· Focus on Lighting. A great light source is an essential part of taking any photograph. Natural light is best, so start taking those selfies near a window or outdoors.
· Don't Use a Mirror. Just stretch your arm out, point the camera toward your face and click.You can use your face forward camera to make it easier!
#Selfies have been popular for a few years now, and now with our help, you can take the perfect one. Upload those selfies to all of your feeds…Instagram, Facebook, anywhere and everywhere. Are you a patient of Lenz Orthodontics? Then tag us in your selfies, we'd love to see your smiling faces!