When most people think of the "perfect smile" they think of straight, bright white teeth. However, there are many factors that go into creating the perfect smile. From proper alignment of teeth to correct jaw position, as well as facial structure…each play a role in the appearance of your smile.
Did you know that a perfect smile offers you more than just straight, bright white teeth? There are several benefits of having properly aligned teeth that most people are unaware of. Although a majority of patients who receive orthodontic treatment do so for a more confident and cosmetically attractive smile, having straight teeth can positively impact your overall health.
Five Benefits you may not know about...
1. Improved Gum Health
- Lower risk of gum disease
- Lower risk of tooth loss
2. Better Overall Health
- Less tooth decay
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Lower risk of high blood sugar
3. Lower Risk of Soft Tissue Injury
- Misaligned teeth can push against soft tissues in the mouth
- Cuts, sores and infections are a result of crooked teeth
4. Increased Confidence
- More self-esteem at work or school
- Better confidence leads to a more successful attitude
5. Easier Eating
- Crooked teeth compromise chewing